[ntp:questions] selection between ntp server and reference clock

Nikolai Orekhov nowhere at mail.ru
Tue Aug 20 09:36:49 UTC 2013

Here http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/select.html :
<http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/select.html>"The selection
metric, called the root distance,, is one-half the roundtrip root delay
plus the root dispersion plus minor error contributions not considered
here."

So root distance includes root dispersion ( which is always zero for clocks
and non zero for v4 servers ). And dispersion is not included in root
distance.
So the question still remains