[ntp:questions] Strange jumps in PPM

mike cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Wed Aug 21 08:48:24 UTC 2013

Le 21 août 2013 à 09:14, A C a écrit :

> On 8/20/2013 23:53, mike cook wrote:

>> I realize now that I didn't respond to the question :-( .  AFIK there
>> are no knobs available to do this. It would be nice to be able to
>> specify maximum acceptable offset or jitter by clock.
>

> That would be very useful to have.  I could easily avoid these hiccups since they're so wildly different and sudden compared to the normal operation.

   It might be accomplished automatically by establishing a Figure Of Confidence over the life of the clock which could be the average of the previous n offsets and exclude the clock if an offset exceeding x times the average occurs. The clock offsets would then be monitored and the clock included when/if the offset over n samples returned to the previous average.