[ntp:questions] Strange jumps in PPM
E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
Null at BlackList.Anitech-Systems.invalid
Fri Aug 23 02:01:13 UTC 2013
A C wrote:
> BlackLists wrote:
>> Harlan Stenn wrote:
>>> I'd love to see NTP be able to query and use this sort of information.
>> Several of the NMEA sentences have fix quality,
>> for binary Refclock drivers if the feature exists,
>> there is sure to be packets that include the fix quality.
>> I guess we'd have to look at the driver source to see if
>> if make use of any of the fix quality fields.
>> Of the messages it appears the NMEA driver supports,
>> GPRMC, GPGGA, GPGLL, GPZDG, PGRMF
>> Have some variety of detail of Fix Quality
>> GPZDA Does NOT have fix quality
>> So the advantage of using _only_ ZDA's compact / short sentence
>> to get date & time, is slightly devalued by not getting any
>> quality indications?
> Unfortunately this doesn't help the ATOM driver.
> In my case I have to feed PPS in separately via ATOM.
> So going back to the original suggestion by Mike,
> having a way to feed information about nominal system
> behavior directly to the driver would be great.
* This driver is subject to the mitigation rules described in the
* "mitigation rules and the prefer peer" page. However, there is an
* important difference. If this driver becomes the PPS driver according
* to these rules, it is active only if (a) a prefer peer other than
* this driver is among the survivors or (b) there are no survivors and
* the minsane option of the tos command is zero.
E-Mail Sent to this address <BlackList at Anitech-Systems.com>
will be added to the BlackLists.
More information about the questions