[ntp:questions] Raspberry Pi error in PPM offset

JP james.peroulas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 02:27:51 UTC 2013

I have access to an accurate frequency counter that I use to measure the Pi's actual crystal frequency. I find that the PPM error reported by NTP differs from the real PPM error consistently by about 2.5 PPM. i.e. when measured over a time period of several days, the difference between the actual PPM error and the reported PPM error varies slightly above and slightly below 2.5 PPM.

I'm suspecting that there is a configuration issue in the RPi kernel, but, being new to NTP, I'm not sure where to begin looking. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
James