[ntp:questions] Start of new GPS 1024 week epoch

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Mon Aug 26 13:42:51 UTC 2013

Rob wrote:
> Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki at meinberg.de> wrote:
>> Extracting some refclock driver code from ntpd, modify it so that it
>> uses the SHM interface instead of ntpd's "native" refclock interface,
>> and putting all this into an own Windows service would be quite some effort.
>>
>> Maybe it would make more sense to try to port gpsd or something similar
>> to Windows, if this is not yet supported.
>
> The SHM interface in gpsd is Unix-specifc (shmget/shmat).
> Maybe it is better to investigate what SHM interfaces Windows supports
> and find if one of them is compatible with something available on
> Linux/Unix, and then use that as the SHM for the new improved driver.
>
> That would make the porting between Unix and Windows easier.

As far as I know there is only a single type of shared memory support in
Windows. There is some code in ntpd which the Windows API functions for
SHM if built for Windows, so it should not be too hard to pick this up
for a Windows port of gpsd.

Of cause all under the presumption that the Windows SHM code in ntpd
works as expected, which I don't know.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki