[ntp:questions] Start of new GPS 1024 week epoch

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Aug 27 05:31:16 UTC 2013

On 26/08/2013 17:00, Rob wrote:
[]
> And there were also the days of Windows NT when Windows tried to be
> a Posix-compatible OS (because that was required to get US Government
> jobs).  So I expected that there would be at least an API for Posix
> shared memory, a current Windows API, and maybe 2 or 3 backward compatible
> APIs.

POSIX support in Windows is limited.  It's not in XP or Server 2003:

   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308259

and there is no (or very limited) interaction with Win-32 programs and
the Win-32 API:

   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/149902

The situation appears better in Windows-7, though:

with support for some UNIX system calls:

Support is too fragmented for general use, I would have thought.
--
Cheers,
David