[ntp:questions] ntpdc does not lookup local address

Rob nomail at example.com
Thu Aug 29 06:31:14 UTC 2013

On a colocation server I have ntpdc 4.2.6p5 at 1.2349-o (debian wheezy).

When issueing the command "ntpdc -c monlist", the addresses in the
"remote address" column are looked up in DNS, and when they (or the
lookup result) are too long they are truncated to the width of the
column.

However, in the column "local address" there is no reverse lookup,
and worse: the address is not truncated when too long.

As my IPv6 address is wider than the column, the entire table is
messed up.

Has this problem been fixed in the latest release?