[ntp:questions] NTP not syncing

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri Dec 6 07:19:10 UTC 2013

On 04/12/2013 21:25, Terje Mathisen wrote:
[]
> It is very common, IF you are running on Linux!
>
> The base frequency is recalculated each time you restart, which means
> that steps of 100-200 ppm from one reboot to the next can be expected.
>
> Terje

I'm surprised to hear of this problem, as I've not been aware of it in
years of running FreeBSD systems, and in more than a year of running
(now) five Raspberry Pi Linux systems.  Perhaps I've been lucky?  As
they are mainly experimental PCs, the RPi cards are rebooted more than most.

--
Cheers,
David