[ntp:questions] Sure GPS - PPS not working

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sun Dec 8 19:05:04 UTC 2013

OK, Chris, so it's not a hardware issue.  I don't know the message:

   "Exec format error"

on Windows, but it sounds like the support DLL or driver isn't right.
When you list the COM1 device in the device manager, does it show the
serialpps.sys in the list of drivers?  If you right-click, Properties
the .SYS or .DLL files, do they show the Unblock button.  Perhaps
compare the files against those froma fresh download using a binary
comparison:

   fc /b <working-file>  <dowloaded-file>

Although it doesn't affect you, I recall that the Windows 8.0 to 8.1
upgrade required re-installation of a couple of drivers (one unsigned)
which I needed.

--
Cheers,
David