[ntp:questions] NTP to multiple networks via one interface.

sc0tt.v3rn0n at gmail.com sc0tt.v3rn0n at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 04:08:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

We have a xenserver host.  We manage it via an interface on x.x.75.x which is the only network that is actually plumbed in on the host.  It has other interfaces but they are virtualised by xen and don't have IP's.

We have several VM's on this host on the same x.x.75.x network so we have set the xenserver to broadcast ntp (it syncs from network switches) and the VM's to be broadcast clients .  NTP is working ok in this scenario.

However we've added a new network to xenserver on x.x.69.x but VM's on this network don't receive the NTP broadcast packets as they don't have an interface on the x.x.75 network.

Is there any way to get the NTP packets to all VM's without dual homing either the xenserver or the VM's.

Thanks in advance,

Scott