[ntp:questions] Confused about pool rotation

Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" at ntp.org
Fri Feb 8 08:36:15 UTC 2013

Ivan Shmakov wrote:
>   > Play around with dig a bit and you can see it in operation.
>
> 	E. g.:
>
> $ dig aaaa pool.ntp.org
>
> $ dig a    pool.ntp.org
>
> 	(Is the pool lacking IPv6-capable NTP servers, BTW?)

My ntp2.tmsw.no pool server is ipv6-only...

It is also reachable behind tmsw.dyndns.org over ipv4, but since that
address is dynamic there is no guarantee that it will be stable.

I.e. you would need something like the pool logic to redo the DNS every
day/hour or when the DNS time-to-live has expired.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>