[ntp:questions] PPS only configuration

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 06:51:52 UTC 2013

On 2/18/2013 10:27 AM, Steve Kostecke wrote:
> On 2013-01-19, unruh <unruh at invalid.ca> wrote:
>
>> Mischanko posts a long post with a single line, saying he wants help
>> in finding a news poster which will break lines for him. He has one.
>> Himself. It is entirely possible to put in line breaks manually, which
>> I, sarcastically I admit, pointed out to him. Not putting in line
>> breaks is NOT primarily a news posting problem. It is a user problem.
>
> According to the headers in your article(s) you are using the slrn
> newsreader. So all you have to do to make long lines of text readable is
> touch the 'w' key while you're reading the offending article.

And what do you do if you are not using the "slrn" newsreaders.

I have an "Enter" key on my keyboard and I use it!  It doesn't seem to
me to be "rocket science" to use an "Enter" key, or a "Return" key
somewhere between 1 and 120 characters.  Most PCs, terminals or printers
should be able to render it.

Most of the "horrible examples" seem to be using MicroSoft malware.
In one case I noticed fairly recently, the offender seemed to have
cut and pasted from MicroSoft Word or a similar product.  Presumably,
some MicroSoft product will render it so you can read it.  The problem
there is that a lot of people are not using Microsoft products for all
tasks.  MicroSoft is EXPENSIVE.  There are alternatives that some of us
use to avoid bankruptcy!