[ntp:questions] PPS only configuration

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 26 15:32:19 UTC 2013

On 2/21/2013 8:38 AM, Brian Utterback wrote:
> Hate to get into a religious war here, but there is a hard, factual
> standard here. RFC2646 which defines the MIME type text/plain format
> parameter. If you are reading a message with content type text/plain and
> format set to "flowed", and a non-quoted line of words appears that is
> too long (for various values of "too long", mostly between 60 and 80
> characters or wider than your screen) then the problem is with the
> reader you are using. Period. I note that the message above with the
> 1500 character line of text is content type text/plain with format flowed.
>
> Brian Utterback.

I'm not sure that I'm getting your point here. 90% PLUS of text posted
here can be rendered as readable text with little or nothing required of
the reader other than the ability to read English text.

I'm using a Personal Computer to emulate a DEC "VT-100" terminal.  If
necessary I could plug in a DEC/Compaq/HP VT-320 Terminal.  I find it
easier to use an emulation by my PC.  It works and has worked for the
last twenty years plus or minus . . . .