[ntp:questions] no servers, synchronized, time reset

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 18:44:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM, David Taylor
<david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> Bill's (unruh) point about the multiple time resets is pertinent - they
> simply shouldn't be happening.  It suggests that something else might be
> trying to set the time (were you running Windows).

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

Nothing much is running on that system, that's why it's so curious to
me :-) That system was literally just sitting there for the past 4-5
days, running Linux, no reboots, no restarts... nothing. Just sitting
there consuming electricity :-)  (... and resetting its clock)

I'll have to try to take a deeper look. If something else is setting
the time I would be quite surprised, but I'll have to now consider how
I would go about catching the suspect in the act.

Best regards,
    Trevor