[ntp:questions] How do I validate my PPS clocks?

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Feb 28 08:44:38 UTC 2013

On 28/02/2013 08:05, ramadog at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:37:30 PM UTC+10, David Taylor wrote:
>> What processor and what speed is this being run on, please?  I'm trying
>
> A dell gx1 with a p3-600 coppermine. Have another computer with a celeron 1300
> and used to get similar results with it. Everything else I have that is more recent does not have a
> serial port.

Thanks for that - it helps put the values in context.

By the way: do check your motherboards - many still have the 10-pin
serial port header even if there's no COM port on the back.  This was
still true on a PC bought a few weeks ago (admittedly, using a Gigabyte
board and not a Compaq/Dell/HP one).  I was able to fit a COM port
adapter and have NTP working nicely under Windows-8.
--
Cheers,
David