[ntp:questions] New years glitch?

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Jan 3 07:37:47 UTC 2013

On 02/01/2013 20:34, tylerwalden at gmail.com wrote:
[]
> David, would it be possible to get the flags your sending to ntpq to check for the leap second flag in your program so we can run them using ntpq on a linux system ? I'd like to setup a monitor for this condition in our environment.
[]

In essence:

1: send 'ntpq -c rv <test-server>'
2: look for 'leap=01' or 'leap=10'
3: leap is pending if either is found
4: send 'ntpq -c assoc <test-server>'
5: for each assoc-id send: 'ntpq -c "rv <assoc-id>" <test-server>'
6: parse the result as in (2) and (3)

I hope that helps, and that I haven't misread my own code!  The commands
are executed on a Windows system.  If you come up with the same in a
script for another OS I could add it to my Web page to help others.
--
Cheers,
David