[ntp:questions] FLL instability

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 01:27:50 UTC 2013

On 1/6/2013 3:45 AM, Mischanko, Edward T wrote:

> [...]

Please use your "Return" or "Enter" key.  MicroSoft will let you write
lines in excess of 500 characters.  It's rather tough for many of us to
read it.

You may have other problems but you should expect NTPD to need as long
as ten hours to settle.  If you are trying to run "9 AM to 5 PM you have
made some poor choices.  NTPD can take up to TEN HOURS to get the best
time you can get.  Once it's settled, it should not have any problem
maintaining synchronization.