[ntp:questions] Why is my precision=-15? I'm using anano kernel.

Edward T. Mischanko etm1962 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 20:08:10 UTC 2013

"Chuck Swiger"  wrote in message
news:481AB2F6-39EB-48E4-8E6E-788F39C00153 at mac.com...

Hi--

On Jan 15, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Edward T. Mischanko wrote:
> I'm running a Soekris net4501.  Some have published articles on the
> Internet saying to the effect that it is one of the most accurate stratum
> 1 servers a person can own without spending a fortune?  I must have a
> configuration problem but I don't know where?

Did you follow the kernel config advice for the Soekris Net4501s?  See:

  http://phk.freebsd.dk/soekris/
  http://phk.freebsd.dk/soekris/kern45xx.html

While you can treat them as a generic x86 system and do OK,
configuring specifically for the Elan CPU ought to make a difference....

Regards,
--
-Chuck

I double checked the modified kernel that I made and it matched the changes
Poul-Henning Kamp recommended.  Could you tutor me on the command to see
what kernel I am actually running?

Regards,
Ed