[ntp:questions] p351 fails to build on MSVC++2008EE

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Fri Jan 25 13:37:23 UTC 2013

Ed,

Mischanko, Edward T schrieb:
> I thought we were going to fix this?
>
> c:\3\ntp-dev-4.2.7p351\sntp\libopts\option-xat-attribute.h(38)
>   : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'inttypes.h'
> : No such file or directory
>
> Are we still working on this?

The fix for this problem consists of 2 parts:

1.) The source code which is generated by autogen under Linux or *BSD,
but is also used under Windows, needs to allow some more control from
within the config.h for the Windows port of ntpd. The next version of of
autogen is going to allow this control. Until that version is out you
have to patch the code temporarily.

An other possible way would be to autogen these libopts files, then
patch the generated files manually and submit the patched files to
bitkeeper, so that the tar balls which are rolled out automatically will
already provide the patched libopts files. I don't know, though,  if it
is worth the effort to tweak the automated code management temporarily.

2.) NTP's config.h for the Windows port must provide the required
definitions. This is what has been fixed in bug #2321, so once the next
autogen version is available you will be able again to build the tar
balls under Windows without having to modify the code first.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren