[ntp:questions] Updating the leapseconds file -- how to signal ntpd

Garrett Wollman wollman at bimajority.org
Sat Jan 26 04:10:11 UTC 2013

I'm using my configuration-management system to distribute a
leapseconds file for ntpd.  After the system installs the new file,
what does it need to do for ntpd to recognize that the file has
changed?  (It is obviously undesirable to simply restart a stratum-1
ntpd; I'm looking for the mechanism that ntpd expects managers to
use, if there is any.)

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman    | What intellectual phenomenon can be older, or more oft
wollman at bimajority.org| repeated, than the story of a large research program