[ntp:questions] Updating the leapseconds file -- how to signal ntpd

Garrett Wollman wollman at bimajority.org
Sun Jan 27 07:11:12 UTC 2013

In article <CABrG=ZyT9ttE4Mea3yauWPru0euQ8TV4m7KHm0bHSwiYa=+bxg at mail.gmail.com>,
Michael Tatarinov  <kukabu at gmail.com> wrote:
>I know only one way.
>ntpq -c 'config: leapfile LEAPFILE"

That was what I was looking for!  In my version of ntpq, at least,
it's spelled ':config' rather than 'config:', but that did it.

Unfortunately, this still doesn't get me anywhere, because the
"passwd" command in ntpq 4.2.6 doesn't take any arguments.  Looks like
this is fixed in ntp-dev 4.2.7, so I'll have to wait until 4.2.7
becomes the official stable version.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman    | What intellectual phenomenon can be older, or more oft
wollman at bimajority.org| repeated, than the story of a large research program