[ntp:questions] pps coming in, not received by ntpd

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Mon Jul 1 13:37:50 UTC 2013

> >Something odd is happening.
> >I've connected a garmin 18 lvc to a pc.
> >The system has a kernel with pps support and i verified it comes in:
> >and the NMEA sentences are processed correctly:
> >but the pps isn't:
>
> - shouldn't the NMEA have the "prefer", and not the PPS?  I am
> uncertain about this, but if this is the case, I have this wrong on
> my Web page.

I think PPS because that's the most accurate source in my situation I
think. The nmea source jitters all over the place

But I don't think the prefer keyword doesn't change anything if pps
comes in or not?

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail is a versatile tool for watching logfiles and output of
commands. Filtering, coloring, merging, diff-view, etc.