[ntp:questions] ntpd is spawning multiple processes

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Jul 2 10:16:47 UTC 2013

bunty21.tiwari at gmail.com writes:
> Not helping.....Is there any other issue..we are struggling since long.
> >
> > We are using cloud based Red hat 5.5 Tikanga OS.
> >
> > After installing the ntp (ntp-4.2.2p1-15.el5_7.1
> >
> > and starting the ntpd process I can see multiple processes are running.

4.2.2 was released in June of 2006.

Since then there have been 2 *major* releases of NTP, 4.2.4 in December
of 2006, and 4.2.6 in December of 2009.

Your first choice for support for ntp-4.2.2p1-15.el5_7.1 should be thru
RedHat.

Otherwise, your choices for support for 4.2.2 are either free community
help from anybody who wants to look at that release of the source code,
or some other paid support.  The NTP Project does not offer free support
for either older releases of -stable or for vendor-modified code.

NTF does offer support contracts for older -stable versions of NTP.

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>