[ntp:questions] step and stepout

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Jul 2 13:09:04 UTC 2013

On 02/07/2013 11:20, DaveB wrote:
[]
> Hi Dave.
>
>  From some of those server names, I think you've been watching too much
> Scandanavian Crime drama on TV.  :-)
>
> I realy must figure out how to use MRTG to get those graphs, I've never
> managed to make it work for me.   Do you have any tutorials, guidelines
> etc?
>
> 73.
>
> Dave B (G8KBV/G0WBX)

Dave,

I've actually visited all the places from which I have borrowed node
names (and also visited some of the locations in Copenhagen where
"Borgen" was made - there was a "Cake Day" in progress at the Town Hall
- it just /had/ to be Denmark!).  I understand a very small amount of
Swedish, and Norwegian and Danish are related (similar is too strong a
word).  There's quite a lot of Scandinavian input to NTP, as you may know.

I've put all the bits you need into this Zip file:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/MRTG-scripts.zip

which allows you to monitor one (or more) NTP servers remotely.  There's
a more general comment on using MRTG here:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/NTPandMRTG.html

and some general notes I found on the Internet here:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/mrtg_notes.pdf

Do ask if you have any queries - better here than direct e-mail, though.
--
73,
David GM8ARV