[ntp:questions] Another invalid leap second

David Malone dwmalone at walton.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jul 3 06:58:58 UTC 2013

Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net> writes:

>I have a Linux (Fedora 18) system running ntp-4.2.6p5-8.fc18.x86_64.  I
>have a GPS receiver connected (old Trimble SVeeSix in TSIP mode).  I
>have some pool servers plus my ISPs servers configured.  After some
>discussion on a mailing list, I checked, and I got a leap second Sunday.
>I see this in my log (my local time is CDT, UTC-0500):

I've been monitoring the leap second advertisment on a bunch of NTP
servers for the last few years. I've plotted some of the results at:

	http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~dwmalone/time/leaps/

If you let me know the list of peers/servers you're using, then I could
see if any are in the list I'm monitoring, and if they were advertising
a leap.

	David.