[ntp:questions] Support of Trimble GPS

Igor Pavlov pavlov.ig at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 11:53:12 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Is any of Trimble GPS devices (with TSIP) supported now?
I tryed to use "Generic reference driver" (
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver8.html)
In it's description there is one Trimble GPS device (mode 10).
But I couldn't make it work.

I started to debug code of ntpd and its corresponding driver
(refclock_parse.c) and found some parts of code not working.
For example WriteFile() using non-overlapped mode when serial-port file was
opened in overlapped mode, so it causes error. For reading serial port is
opening in such way that data from it never appears in handler functions.

Now I am trying to fix these errors, but I want to know what is the chance
of this driver to work at current time.