[ntp:questions] THunderbolt monitor/control on Win7 ?

Dave Baxter spam at goes.nowhere.com
Fri Jul 26 10:58:27 UTC 2013

In article <kstjf9$l1i$1 at dont-email.me>, david-
taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid says...

> On 26/07/2013 09:40, Dave Baxter wrote:
> > Hi All.
> >
> > Anyone know why the Trimble TboltMon.exe program fails to communicate
> > with a Thunderbolt, while LH on the same PC/OS/hardware etc, apears to
> > work fine?   COM6: via USB adapter, on Win7(32 bit)
> >
> > Dave B.
>
> No, I don't /know/, but one suggestion is to try right-click, Run as
> administrator.  I assume that COM6 is within range for the monitor program?

Hi David.

Tried that :)  No difference (other than the program launch warnings
from the OS.)  COM6 appears to be within TboltMon's range, at least so
it seems.

Currently running LH over a (sluggish) VPN, I now see the thing has
realised the stored position is "bad", so perhaps it's just been
unpowered for way too long.

Cheers.

Dave B.

PS:	Still reading through your MRTG info you let me have.