[ntp:questions] THunderbolt monitor/control on Win7 ? More...

Dave Baxter spam at goes.nowhere.com
Fri Jul 26 12:38:48 UTC 2013

In article <MPG.2c5c669cb6addb9b9896da at news.btopenworld.com>,
spam at goes.nowhere.com says...

> In article <kstjf9$l1i$1 at dont-email.me>, david-
> taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid says...
> >
> > On 26/07/2013 09:40, Dave Baxter wrote:
> > > Hi All.
> > >
> > > Anyone know why the Trimble TboltMon.exe program fails to communicate
> > > with a Thunderbolt, while LH on the same PC/OS/hardware etc, apears to
> > > work fine?   COM6: via USB adapter, on Win7(32 bit)
> > >
> > > Dave B.
> >
> > No, I don't /know/, but one suggestion is to try right-click, Run as
> > administrator.  I assume that COM6 is within range for the monitor program?
>
> Hi David.
>
> Tried that :)  No difference (other than the program launch warnings
> from the OS.)  COM6 appears to be within TboltMon's range, at least so
> it seems.
>
> Currently running LH over a (sluggish) VPN, I now see the thing has
> realised the stored position is "bad", so perhaps it's just been
> unpowered for way too long.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Dave B.
>
> PS:	Still reading through your MRTG info you let me have

Info.  Running LH over the VPN (home box running the LH server) and
setting it's properties in the OS (on this box, XP SP3) to run in Win95
compatable mode, also turning off "advanced text input services" for
this program, now the "hit space for help" works.

I've done a 's' and entered a reasonable position value, and now it
(instantly!) sees a load more sat's, so on the way to sorting things.

Might help others perhaps.

Regards.

Dave B.