[ntp:questions] Wrong Paris time

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Mon Jul 29 05:55:42 UTC 2013

On 29/07/2013 00:08, unruh wrote:
[]
> You tell us nothing except the time is wrong.
> What operating system are you using?
> As stated ntp has nothing to do with time zones. It sets the local clock
> to UTC. Under bsd/linux, all trhaslations to local times (including time
> zones) are done by the OS, using the information in /etc/localtime
> (which is one of the files from /usr/share/zoneinfo). Under Windows I
> have no idea, nor under MacOS ( although it may be similar to linux)

Windows also works internally in UTC.  What is presented to the user
depends on the Control Panel settings which the user has chosen.  If
Paris shows a different time to Berlin, the user needs to address the
software element which is controlling that.  I don't believe that
out-of-the-box Windows would have such a glaring error.
--
Cheers,
David