[ntp:questions] Wrong Paris time

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Mon Jul 29 14:00:05 UTC 2013

On 29/07/2013 13:14, John Hasler wrote:
> David Taylor writes:
>> Windows also works internally in UTC.
>
> It defaults to expecting the BIOS clock to be on local time.  There is a
> registry hack to get it to work with the BIOS clock on UTC but according
> to all reports it is buggy and not supported by Microsoft.

Yes, correct.  But that's only an issue when PCs are dual-booted,
though.  Linux uses UTC, and Windows local time.  Mixing OSes means you
need to be more careful, the great majority using one OS see no issue.

I leave my PCs on generally across the GMT/BST time changes and see no
issue.  I vaguely recall getting messages when a Windows PC hasn't been
booted after an hour change.
--
Cheers,
David