[ntp:questions] ntpq -p command query

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed Jul 31 22:11:36 UTC 2013

Charles Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:
> On Jul 31, 2013, at 10:36 AM, Rick Jones <rick.jones2 at hp.com> wrote:

> > Issues of filling the forwarding (what I think you are calling the
> > MAC) table on a switch is a matter of how many unique source MAC
> > addresses the switch sees, not how many broadcasts a server sends
> > no?

> Also yes.  :-) Folks with lots of unique source addresses in a
> collision domain tend to pay attention to frequent broadcast-to-all
> traffic.

But unless the broadcast-to-all traffic elicits responses (and if I
recall correctly, broadcast NTP traffic does not), it will not cause
the switch(es) to see any additional source addresses beyond that of
the system sending the broadcasts.

rick
There's only yourself. The belief is in your own precision.  - Joubert