[ntp:questions] How do I validate my PPS clocks?

ramadog at gmail.com ramadog at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 03:45:00 UTC 2013

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:44:38 PM UTC+10, David Taylor wrote:
> By the way: do check your motherboards - many still have the 10-pin
> serial port header even if there's no COM port on the back.  This was
> still true on a PC bought a few weeks ago (admittedly, using a Gigabyte

Good call. The manual I have for 1 of my Gigabyte mother boards is useless.
Managed to find the relevant information. Now have a 3.16GHz core2duo fed with
a pps. A getnstimeofday() early in the irq code and a 2nd just before the
normal pps time stamp is taken and still seeing 5us - 6us between the 2 times.

Even with that delay it is still far better than what I get from internet ntp
servers over my 8160/384 adsl link.