[ntp:questions] System status word not accessible via libntpq?

Kyle Guilbert kguilbert at bluefinrobotics.com
Fri Mar 1 18:52:01 UTC 2013

I'm writing some code to use libntpq to query the local NTP daemon, and
it looks as though the libntpq interface throws away the System Status
Word (with Leap, Source, Count, Event fields). I think this is the third
argument sixth argument to doquery(), usually named 'rstatus'. I would
especially like to see the Event field, to display in a separate
application what the local NTP is up to.

Any advice on how I can get at this status word?

Thanks!