[ntp:questions] multiple instances of NTP on different interfaces

Tue Mar 5 16:44:12 UTC 2013

Abu Abdullah wrote:
> BlackLists wrote:
>> Abu Abdullah wrote:
>>> I tried running multiple instances with the following
>>>  configuration to avoid listening to the same local
>>>  interface by the two instances:
>>> interface ignore lo
>>
>> lo0 ?
>
> loopback address, but it seems it only disables lo on ipv6.
> I'm not sure if the ipv4 localhost is hardcoded into ntpd.

Yes, I meant try "interface ignore lo0"
 instead of "interface ignore lo".

For that matter try "interface ignore ipv4"?

What version of ntpd are you running 4.2.7p359?

BTW, I think you are chasing a lost cause.

  will be added to the BlackLists.