[ntp:questions] Meinberg NTP client continuously resync to server

Mischanko, Edward T Edward.Mischanko at arcelormittal.com
Sun May 19 07:07:29 UTC 2013

I think you need to first ask yourself how much of an offset is acceptable.  The default for a step adjustment is 0.128 seconds, but this value can be tinkered in the ntp.conf file with the following command:

tinker step .005

Going below 0.005 seconds doesn't seem practical as ntp will not slew the time when the offset is above the step setting.  Since slewing the time is preferred, how much of an offset is acceptable to you?

Regards,
Ed