[ntp:questions] Offset is always increasing

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Wed May 22 20:06:31 UTC 2013

"Riccardo Castellani" writes:
> I tested 3 identical server with the same hardware, after one day offset is
> the same value.
> I have to reset drift file ? Now is 855.

Steve Kostecke already pointed you at one resource, and I'll point you
at scripts/hpadjtime.sh (not sure what it is for, but it may be of some
help in getting your problem solved) and scripts/calc_tickadj .

I've already mentioned that you probably want to be running a much more
recent version of ntpd than the V3 code.