[ntp:questions] Offset is always increasing

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Thu May 23 06:44:44 UTC 2013

Riccardo Castellani wrote:

> It keeps this value means it's stable for many months, it's doesnt change

I thought you said xntpd reset it about every 20 minutes.  How can it
then have been stable for several months?

(If ntpd weren't correcting it, but only measuring it, I would suspect
that you had some other time discipline software that was doing a slow
adjustment to the clock and which thought the time was 700 to 800ms out.)