[ntp:questions] Offset is always increasing

Rob nomail at example.com
Fri May 24 08:48:09 UTC 2013

Riccardo Castellani <ric.castellani at alice.it> wrote:
> OK I'll do it immediately...
> I also have to remove these lines from my Linux server (10.2.3.? 5) It's
> both on internal and external network and It represents ntp source for my
> hp-ux server.

I advise you to delete those lines on any system that you administer.
It is better to add some more external servers when you want to serve
reliable time, and/or to add a local clock receiver that receives
GPS or some longwave time transmission.  The LOCAL clock implementation
in ntpd has some problems that make it very difficult to predict what
happens when things fail.