[ntp:questions] Fwd: NTP and PPS calibration interval (convergence speed)

Miguel Gonçalves miguel.barbosa.goncalves at gmail.com
Wed May 29 20:51:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM, unruh <unruh at invalid.ca> wrote:
> Not really. What would be more helpful would be graphs of the behaviour,
> of the offsets over time, including times when the machines are heavily
> used and times when they are not. (See for example
> www.theory.phsyics.ubc.ca/chrony/chrony.html and past graphs as well)
> Unfortunately the gps attached to my one ntp machine has gone nuts
> (Garmin 18-- both my Garmins failed after about about 2 years. Not a
> very good piece of gear-- but you can look at older graphs from 3 or 4
> years ago to see how the ntp run machine behaved.

Hi Unruh!

I've tried to include the graphs but I forgot that this mailing list
is a gateway for a newsgroup that doesn't accept binaries.

If someone wants to look at them just look here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miguelbarbosagoncalves/8883017818/in/photostream/
and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miguelbarbosagoncalves/8882397117/in/photostream/

They are equal machines even though one has a Garmin 18 LVC and the
other one a Sure.

Cheers,
Miguel