[ntp:questions] Raspberry Pi stratum-1 NTP server without soldering....

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri Nov 1 12:02:42 UTC 2013

On 01/11/2013 11:48, Jos vd Ven wrote:
> Op maandag 21 oktober 2013 15:22:55 UTC+2 schreef David Taylor:

>>     http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html#no-soldering

> I can confirm that this works great. I ordered the stuff when I read about it on your pages, installed it last week, compiled a new pps kernel, ntpd 4.2.7p393 and added my Pi to the pool.
> I don't even have a clear look at the sky, but it stays connected.

Thanks for the report, Jos.  Quite a few people have been interested in
this and bought the hardware, so it's good to now it works as well for
you as it does for me.  I used the user-mode PPS driver, as I couldn't
face recompiling the kernel, and for the Raspberry Pi it's quite
adequate for most purposes.

--
Cheers,
David