[ntp:questions] NTP not syncing

Antonio Marcheselli puppa at me.la
Mon Nov 4 17:40:08 UTC 2013

> If the oscillator drifts from last drift-file write, outside of +/- 15
> ppm if I recall it, it fails to lock in again.
> It would be good if it could bail out and do normal frequency
> acquisition if that occurs.
>
> That particular "feature" have bitten hard, and was a side-consequence
> of other faults, but none-the-less.

Thanks Magnus, I saw the bug report you filed.

Would it be wiser to delete the drift file at boot - by script - and let
ntpd resync and recreate a new drift file?

As mentioned, I don't really need my system to be synced down to the
millisecond, if ntpd takes a few hours to settle and the time is off up
to a few seconds during that time it's perfectly fine with me.

Thanks
Antonio