[ntp:questions] Strange refid

A C agcarver+ntp at acarver.net
Mon Nov 11 22:00:46 UTC 2013

On 11/11/2013 13:38, E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the
BlackLists wrote:
> On 11/10/2013 10:35 PM, A C wrote:
>> Anyone care to explain what this refid means?  This is from the
>> billboard on one of my machines.  This came from the round-robin DNS
>> pool but I couldn't tell you which round-robin provided it other than
>> one of the North America or US pools.
>>
>>> 204.109.63.243  .M-F.\..  16 u   86   512   376   58.947  -201.11 138.426
>
> Medium Frequency Radio? (LORAN-A?)

Given that it was late Sunday I almost thought "This server open Monday
through Friday only".  :)  I don't think it would be LORAN since there
are no more LORAN transmitters in the US.  LORAN-A has been long gone
and LORAN-C shut down a couple years ago.

The server in question is normally a stratum 2 system and currently has
a stratum 1 server IP as the refid.