[ntp:questions] how did ntp service set the maxallowphaseoffset

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Tue Nov 26 16:28:12 UTC 2013

xiaoniao112233 at gmail.com wrote:
> 在 2013年11月26日星期二UTC+8上午10时34分09秒,xiaonia... at gmail.com写道:
>> 在 2013年11月25日星期一UTC+8下午10时36分19秒,Martin Burnicki写道:

[...]

Oooh, the way your are quoting is hard to read.

>> Windows system :Windows Server 2008 R2;
>>
>> Windows Server 2008 R2 ----NTP sync-----Linux Cent OS 6.2-----w32TIME Sync------Windows XP/7
 > NTP Version NTP 4.2.4 P8

So, if I understand this correctly, you have indeed

1.) a Linux machine which gets its time from a Windows server running
NTP 4.2.4p8

2.) Windows 7 and XP machines getting the time from your Linux machine.

As said earlier, this is not a good constellation. If your basic problem
is that the Linux machine doesn't synchronize properly, you should
preferably make the Linux machine your NTP server and let all Windows
machines get the time from the Linux machine.

Where does your top level machine get its time from?

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren