[ntp:questions] Bug 2341 - ntpd fails to keep up with clock drift at poll>7

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Nov 28 08:06:22 UTC 2013

On 28/11/2013 07:46, xiaoniao112233 at gmail.com wrote:
[]
>    My time source come from GPS software getting GPS time running in  Windows Server 2008 R2;
> Windows Server 2008 R2 --NTP sync--Linux Cent OS 6.2--w32TIME Sync--Windows XP/7
> NTP Version NTP 4.2.4 P8

If that is /just/ GPS time, it's likely no better than an Internet
server.  You should be using a PPS (pulse per second) feed to your
primary NTP server to get best performance.  As others have said, if you
could (a) use the Linux box as your primary NTP server and (b) feed it
with PPS, you would have a better configuration.

You can even use the low-cost Raspberry Pi as a Linux NTP server, in a
variety of configurations, as I describe here:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

Perhaps you could use the Raspberry Pi as your low-cost, primary NTP server?
--
Cheers,
David