[ntp:questions] Is a doubling of I/O bytes expected for NTP over Wi-Fi?

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Nov 28 07:58:49 UTC 2013

On 27/11/2013 21:27, Rick Jones wrote:
> David Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>> I don't see why there should be double the bandwidth just because
>> Wi-Fi is used.  Is this expected?  Could it be that the USB Wi-Fi
>> adapter is reporting incorrectly?
>
>> I ask here, as most of the traffic will be NTP packets (or it
>> /should/ be!).
>
> I suspect that tcpdump could be your friend here.
>
> rick jones

Thanks, Rick.  Now I know that it's not sue to NTP, and that the
background traffic is roughly proportional to the number of PCs on
either the LAN side or the Wi-Fi side of the network, I am happy.  I
monitor these values daily so if anything unusual happens I can
investigate further at that time.
--
Cheers,
David