[ntp:questions] Bug 2341 - ntpd fails to keep up with clock drift at poll>7

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Thu Nov 28 23:43:48 UTC 2013

On 28/11/13 08:34, Martin Burnicki wrote:
> In such case ntpd only had to make the disciplined system time available
> on the network, e.g. using the local clock driver with stratum-0.

I believe this is the case for which the typical sample configurations
apply.  They don't use stratum zero, although they don't use as high a
number as for a time island.  They don't use zero because,  with this
configuration, ntpd doesn't know when the clock has failed, whereas,
with a real clock driver it should.