[ntp:questions] unable to bind to wildcard address 0.0.0.0 - another process may be running - EXITING

martin.d.price at gmail.com martin.d.price at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 11:06:06 UTC 2013

Have installed Meinberg NTP installation on Windows XP. Works fine on install but fails to start when PC rebooted. Looking through the event log there is the error:

unable to bind to wildcard address 0.0.0.0 - another process may be running - EXITING

I get this if I try to start service manually and I can't see any obvious services that are likley to interfere.

Running installer again starts the service.