[ntp:questions] NTP clients

mike cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Sat Oct 26 04:00:47 UTC 2013

Le 24 oct. 2013 à 10:56, Javed Omar a écrit :

> Dear Sir,
>
> We are running a ntp server in our Data Center. I would like to know how to find how many clients are taking or adjusting their time from this server. Is there any command?

    I am not aware of any such stats accumulated by NTP itself, so no simple command AFIK. As ntpd can also be configured to broadcast time, rather than just accepting client requests it is not easy to see how this could be done for the general case. What I do is to use my firewall to log the port 123 accesses. I can then reduce that to get the client IDs.