[ntp:questions] NTP clients

David Lord snews at lordynet.org
Tue Oct 29 08:50:34 UTC 2013

Javed Omar wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> We are running a ntp server in our Data Center. I would like to know how to find how many clients are taking or adjusting their time from this server. Is there any command?
>
> Regards,
>
> Javed.
> Dhaka. BD.

"ntpdc -c monlist" works on some of my ntp-4.2.6p5 systems but
gives an error on others. When I joined the pool around 2009, I
had two alternatives, a tcpdump script or logging by my firewall.
The tcpdump scripts processed the information into tables whereas
the firewall logging just gave number of connections along with
source and destination ips.

David