[ntp:questions] GPS/PPS and "enable calibrate"

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Mon Sep 9 05:23:03 UTC 2013

On 08/09/2013 19:55, unruh wrote:
[]
> Well, as I recall it took a long time for them to release their update.
> Note I am not a fan of Garmin. I bought two 18 (not 18x) and both have
> died.

Who would have guessed!  <G>

I have the 18 and 18x.  The 18 has been out on the roof for some years,
and continues to work OK.  The 18x did stop working once but was
repaired FoC by Garmin (as it was another firmware defect).  Yes, it
took Garmin months rather than weeks to issue a formal fix for the
problem, but that's probably typical for a large firm with lots of QC
delays.  I would continue to recommend Garmin, just as I would the Sure
board (even though one of their supplied antennas failed), ad I would
the Adafruit GPS module.

   http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-GPS-18x-OEM-LVC/dp/B0016O3T7A

   http://www.sureelectronics.net/goods.php?id=99

   http://www.adafruit.com/products/746

None of these are perfect, but non are high-priced items either.
--
Cheers,
David